COMPANY
      o Mission and Vision
      o History
      o Making Steel
      o Employment Posibilities
   PRODUCT PROGRAM
   NEWS
   SALES INFORMATION
   CONTACTS
 
 
 
  Slovenski jezik      English Language
 
 
Slovenska predstavitev   English Presentation   Deutsche Präsentation


Železarski muzej

Company | History

1845
In order to supply products used in the building of the Vienna-Trieste railway through the town of Štore, a forge shop using water drive was built at Bojanski graben.

1851
A complete factory for industrial steel production is built, after F.B.Andrieu, the owner of the mine property in Štore started building it in 1850 but had to assign it to P.Putzer after conciliation in 1852.

1864
Due to enormous investments and Putzer's indebtedness, the compulsory settlement procedure was initiated and ended by the company's conversion into a public company. Hohenwanger Hauptgewerkschaft mining company takes over the ironworks and in 1877 dissolves the company and the property was auctioned off.

1878
Karel Neufeld, consul-general of Sweden and Norway in Vienna bought the real estate of the ironworks and mine and established company Berg- und Hüttenwerk Store.

1894
Foundry part of ironworks spreads and completes by appliances, which were bought in the left off ironworks in Dvor pri Žužemberku. The ironworks is employing more than 300 workers.

1900
Production of cast-iron cylinders for domestic and Guštajn rolling mill starts up.

1912
The ironworks were modernised by Siemens-Martin's furnaces and electric motors supplied with electricity from steam power station. A year later, the company was registered with Slovene name Rudnik in železarna Štore.

1926
Mine, that was filled by water many times, was finally closed.

1937
The ironworks buys entire plant for tube casting from Ljubljanske strojne tovarne and becomes the biggest casting plant in Slovenia. There are already 460 workers employed in the ironworks.

1941 - 1945
Steel production stops in 1942 and production in the casting plant increases. Water-supply tubes, moulds for Böhler's steel mill and cylindrical castings for mortar-mines prevail.

1946
Restarting of steel and roll production.

1950
Mechanical treatment production starts up. The ironworks is already employing 1465 workers.

1954
Placing of electric shaft furnace for pig iron production..

1956
Production of spring steel for automotive industry starts up.

1962
Earthworks at Štore II. location, where the ironworks bought and moved hamlet Serpastje, start.

1964
Tube production is abolished. There are now 2000 people employed.

1968
New casting plant at Štore II. location starts to operate. Production of bright steel (drawing, grinding) starts.

1970
A new rolling mill at Štore II. location starts to operate.

1972
A new mechanical machining at location Štore II. starts to operate.

1973
A new steel-works starts to operate at location Štore II.

1976
Production of tractors in co-operation with Fiat starts up.

1978
Siemens-Martin's furnaces at old steel-works are turned off.

1984
Železarna Štore's productivity peaks and the company is employing 3675 workers. Produced steel volume amounts to over 140.000 ton in the next five years.

1986
Due to 10-years contract of co-operation with Fiat run out, the tractor company is being closed.

1987
Because of unprofitable production the electric shaft furnace stops operating.

1990 - 1991
The loss of Yugoslav market causes production to decrease by half. The ironworks is from now on state-owned and converts into independent companies: Jeklo (1600 employed), Livarna, Valji, Industrijska oprema and Vzdrževanje.

1995 - 1997
With aim for rehabilitation Slovenske železarne incorporates company Jeklo to company Metal Ravne. Due to lack of co-operation among middle management, conditions for operating get worse and Metal decides to close the Štore plant.

1997
Slovenske železarne company establishes new company Jeklo for the purpose of selling of the steelworks in Štore.

1999
After negotiations of long duration Slovenske železarne company sells 80 % share to Inexa and Unior.

2003
In year 2003 has Unior d.d. bought share from Inexa and sold its previous share to partner companies Kovintrade d.d. and Dinos Celje d.o.o.. Company was renamed to Store Steel.








   

© Štore Steel d.o.o.  |  2008